Our text is from Revelation 2:4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
We all need to go to the doc sooner or later for a medical checkup. As you get older things start to break down or quit working like they used to. It becomes maintenance and repair. Anyway, that is the way it is with our spiritual lives as well. There will be times when you find it hard to pray or maybe you don’t enjoy reading the bible like you once did. Perhaps you don’t enjoy witnessing like you used to or going to church seems to be a chore rather that a privilege. Other things enter into our lives that can choke the word and as a result, you may become unfruitful and even depressed. If you feel this way it’s time for a renewal. Time to follow the doc’s orders.
- Start the day with Jesus. Prayer and the Bible. It doesn’t have to be 10 chapters but just a few verses to start out with. If you make it to long and drawn out then the devil will give you excuses to stop. Not enough time, too tired, and etc.
- Make up your mind you will do something for Jesus today. You then will feel good that you did something for someone else because you are not here just for you.
- Give thanks for being saved and being alive because there are countless folks that are neither.
- Be an encouragement to others. They need your help too.
- Remember, Jesus is coming one day and you will want him to be happy with you.
- Don’t forget that others are watching you.
- End the day with Jesus.
May God help you follow the doc’s orders. Enjoy the Lord and the things of God again. On your deathbed you will be glad you did. Nothing else will matter.