I want to focus on four words from our text in Hebrews 6:1 today which says…Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on …
In this world of discouragement and trouble it would be easy to just say, “Whats the use?” and give up and just stop serving God or stop enjoying life, but keep in mind that Jesus Christ could have said that as well when He was headed for the cross for us however, he looked beyond the cross, the clouds, the shame, and beyond the pain and suffering associated with the cross and saw ‘the joy that was set before him.’ This gave Him the strength to endure the cross, and to go on to finish His course and mission. Thank God He did, for our sakes!
Since He is our example … “let us go on“
1. Because Jesus went on to finish his course. (John 19:30)
2. Because others went on to finish their course. (Read entire chapter of Hebrews 11)
3. Because others are watching and depending on us to finish our course and it is not all about us. We have followers too! (See 1 Corinthians 11:1)
4. Because of the grand reunion we will have in glory with those that went on and got the victory. (1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)
5. Because Jesus is coming soon and we are almost at the finish line. (Matthew 24:34)
If you are saved, you are going to heaven, and you have something to live for and a reason to keep going. Let us go on!